Comment on page
Live screensharing VS co-browsing
Same Objective, Different Approaches - Comparing the Technical Solutions for Real-time Customer Support
When it comes to real-time customer support for identifying and resolving issues, there are two common approaches: live screen sharing and co-browsing. Both aim to provide efficient support while minimizing back-and-forth interactions.
- Allows support agents to have a video call with customers and view their screen.
- Agents can understand the customer's experience and guide them through tasks.
- It does not provide the capability for the support team to take control of the customer's interface.
- Similar to live screen sharing, it enables support agents to have a video call and view the customer's screen.
- Additionally, co-browsing allows the support team to take control of the customer's interface, interacting with their screen directly.
Live screen sharing offers several advantages as the preferred technical solution:
- 1.Plug-and-Play Integration: Live screen sharing seamlessly integrates with your helpdesk without requiring any additional code implementation from your engineering team. It's a hassle-free feature ready to use.
- 2.Security and Privacy Considerations: Taking control of the customer's interface, as provided by co-browsing, can raise security and privacy concerns on the customer's side. Live screen sharing avoids these potential issues, ensuring a more secure and privacy-conscious support experience.
By utilizing live screen sharing, you can provide efficient real-time support within your helpdesk environment without compromising security or privacy.